Dell Mini 12 Forum for discussion on the discontinued Dell Inspiron Mini 12.

(#11) Old
Default 06-20-2009, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by mini twelve View Post
For me anything under 12 is a little on the "too small" side for me, I know the 9 and 10 have some much better features than the 12, but IM Stick with the 12" of real estate
How you get a Jade green lid?

Mini 10V | 1.6GHz | 2GB | 16GB SSD | GMA 950 | OSX | ~$180ish | Wireless-N | 6-Cell |
M1340 | 2.4GHz x2 | 4GB | 320GB 7.2K-RPM | Nvidia SLi 9400M + 9200GS | 7-RTM | $500.00 | WEI: 5.3 |
  (#12) Old
Default 06-28-2009, 04:10 PM

At first I went with the HP 2gig 12 inch netbook but the fan on it was ridiculously loud. I honestly don't know how they can sell those things with the fan out of control like that.

So, after returning it, I ended up going with the Dell Mini 12. Sure enough, there is no fan which is nice. The one in the store was super slow, but I suspect that that was due to problems with the network because at home it's working fairly quickly.

Three minor beefs:

1. The air being released from bottle sound does exist and I've had to use a workaround to stop that sound (inserting jack into line in jack).

2. There is a high pitched tone that comes from the keyboard. It's a constant tone and I don't know if it's the chip or the hard drive. If it's the hard drive, I would consider switching it out for a SSD. Anyone else hear this tone?

3. The keyboard does encourage a certain amount of mistakes when typing, but overall it works fine.

Thanks for all the advice from people.

« Mini 12 and HD-WMV playback | What's the chance of star craft running through a emulation? »