Dell Mini 12 Forum for discussion on the discontinued Dell Inspiron Mini 12.

(#1) Old
Default Buying Dell Mini 12... (Not US citizen) - 03-21-2009, 09:02 PM

Hi all, so this is the thing - I don't live in the US, my good old IBM T42 just died on me. Excellent, I thought - I'd look for nice Netbook because it's just what I need. I found plenty where I live (Israel), but all of them are only at a max of 10 inch. And then I stublmed upon reviews of the Dell mini 12, which is, of course, 12". And the more I read about it the more interested I became. But it just so happens that there is only a mini 9" here, but not the 12".

THen by chance, it seems, my dad is off to the US soon, and I figured he could by that for me. But here it only gets complicated - to buy a Dell is to order from its website... I don't fully get that yet; there are no retailers who can sell it? Specifically I'm looking for it with the 6 cell bat. and XP, so I could have both XP and install Ubuntu on it later myself. So now I'm sort of confused... how do I purchase a mini 12" with these specs? or even without specific specs for a decent price without having to get the expensive, bloated vista spec?

« System Recovery Drive | Mini 12 with Vista, Everyone Please Read »