Dell Mini 12 Forum for discussion on the discontinued Dell Inspiron Mini 12.

(#1) Old
Default Dell mini Inspiron 1210 Freezing Problems - 06-13-2012, 06:14 PM

Alright, this mini was supposedly "Broken" according to my cousin and gave it to me. The problem was it would freeze on when the OS launches, about 1-5 mins until it'll freeze. I've managed to fix this freezing problem by turning speedstep off. It stopped the freezing, but was too slow for me. I turned it back on and it the problem came back. Another solution I used was to turn Bluetooth off, and for some reason it worked. Anyone know a full fix to this? I'm sure it's not an overheating problem as since I checked the temperatures and idle seems to run at around 25 Degrees Celsius and load about 45-50. The specs are an Intel Atom z520 @ 1.33Ghz, 1GB of ram, 40GB 1.8Inch HDD, and running on Windows XP (Reformatted as well). ----> A sidenote to this, it says the HDD is failing right after the bios check, but I don't think that's the problem since it works just fine without speedstep and with bluetooth, or withspeedstep, and no bluetooth. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  (#2) Old
Default Recommended Solution from Dell - 06-28-2012, 10:32 PM

For your first problem of freezing here at Dell the first step we recommend is updating the BIOS to the Latest Version and Bluetooth drivers please find the same on use the computer's Service Tag and select the appropriate Operating System and the drivers).

For the next part of the problem with the Hard Drive I would recommend running the diagnostics on the machine by first shutting down the computer and then keep Letter 'Fn' on keyboard pressed and without releasing press the Power button then release both once the diagnostic starts. If it gives you an error message kindly send to me in a Direct Message the computer's service tag and the exact error code.(Please do not post your service tag on any Open forum always send in direct message)

Certified Dell Community Professional

« Largest second screen resolution | Dell Inspiron 1210 HDD ZIF cable replacement »