Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Touchpad - mini 10v - 06-29-2009, 02:32 AM

When setting up OSX, I didn't use the "Touchpad_17.dmg" as I found it very difficult to control my mouse movements.

My touchpad is "ok" but I find it a bit of a pain having to click the left mouse button when choosing an icon. (When in XP, I can tap anywhere on the touchpad and it is equivelent to clicking the left mouse button.) Is there a touchpad package I can install for the mini 10v that will allow me to tap the touchpad instead of having to click the mouse button ?
  (#2) Old
Default 06-29-2009, 07:01 AM

The touchpad on the mini10v bothered me as well. There is no way to configure it.
I restored the OS X 10.5.7 image, which was installed with a genuine DuoCore Mac mini, to the mini10v. I found that the trackpad configuration is available from the system preferences. Now, I can change the tracking speed, trackpad gestures such as clicking, dragging.... The feature was missing when I installed the OSX 10.5.7 to the mini10v directly with two flash drives method.

Vostro A90, 2GB RAM, Runcore 64GB, BT, 0.3MP Webcam, OSX 10.5.7 + XP SP3 DellEFI 1.2a5 Dual boot.
Mini 10v, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, BT, 1.3MP Webcam, OSX 10.5.7 + XP SP3 DellEFI 1.2a5 Dual boot.
  (#3) Old
Default 06-29-2009, 01:56 PM

That's VERY good to know. So you were able to adjust the trackpad to an acceptable level using the Tab in System Preferences? And this Tab was not available, except when you did the installation using an image which was "created" by installing OS X on the MacBook first? If so, I think I'll do the install on my MacBook via an external USB drive first, and then install that drive physically into the 10v. Thanks much!

« Mini 10v Full Review | interchange parts? »