Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default mac os x retail - 06-17-2009, 01:34 AM

I'm having problems creating the image of my retail dvd onto the usb drive.

1. I have an 8 GB drive, but after formatting, it shows only 7.4GB of free space for mac extended journal.
2. 1 hour after I start creating the image to the usb drive, it shows me it will take 3 more hours to complete. So after letting it run for another 1/2 hour, the computer seems to freeze up (and the screen is blank) even though the lights are still on.

I'm trying this on my acer hackbook, so could this be why I can't create the image ? Is there something wrong with my os x retail dvd ? Is there a way to check if my os x retail dvd is ok ?

Can someone point me to a tutorial that uses a regular external dvd to install onto a mini 10v ? I've seen some for the dell mini9, but can't find any tutorial for the mini 10v using an external dvd...

(#2) Old
Default 06-17-2009, 11:03 PM

I think I solved my problem. The usb stick was a problem. Either the 7.4GB was too small or the stick is slow/defective ?

I plugged in an external 20GB hard drive (instead of the x GB usb stick) and successfully created the DVD image using the video guide posted by masari. .

« 2GB RAM Upgrades | Mini 10 Games »