Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Wireless Card Issue with 10V? - 06-15-2009, 01:47 AM

Got my Mini 10V last week and everything appeared to work fine until I began to notice that my wireless connection would just drop for no apparent reason (I upgraded to the 1510 half-mini card). I'd go to the Dell WLAN utility and the signal strength would be very good to excellent, only the computer would not make a connection. I tried updating the drivers and I placed the 10V about 2 feet from my wireless-G router. I loaded Network Magic from Cisco since I have a Linksys router. Same thing, it would connect sporadically and would drop for no apparent reason.

I called Tech Support and they played around with the computer (viat the remote control function) and they couldn't get it to work either. Long story short, they asked me to send it back in for a check out. I won't have it back until the end of the week at the earliest...bummer...
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Default 06-15-2009, 12:02 PM

Interesting you mention this, as I was having issues as well. I've got a Linksys 802.11n wireless router, and the 1510 card.

What I wound up doing was (and I'm forgetting what it's called) basically the WPA2 setup. It generates a code, you plug it in, and ultimately it winds up being WPA2 secured. I haven't had even the tiniest bit of problems since, and that's using Vista, Windows 7 and OS X on a variety of different machines.

I hated doing it, but I was amazed that it corrected it.

EDIT: For the record, I have had issues with Linksys routers in the past. I've got through several WRT54G's due to stability issues, both with stock and DD-WRT loaded on them.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#3) Old
Default 06-15-2009, 07:25 PM

Had exactly the same problem with Linksys routers, tried three different models that I had laying around. Flashing the original firmware with DD-WRT solved the issue on all three. Go figure.

« 10v Ad Hoc Question | Contemplating a video guide for a Windows 7/OS X dual boot.. »