Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Question hardware issues with OSX - 06-09-2009, 09:31 PM

Hello everyone,
I've installed OSX on my 10v mini and I've been experiencing some ennoying issues since then. I'm not complaining though, I would just want to know if there is a way to get the things work better.

First, it's quite impossible to use the trackpad properly! Even if it's configured for a slow motion, it's still very hard to control, especially when I try to click a button.
Does someone had the same problem and figured out a solution?

Also, could someone tell me how the trackpad behaves with Windows? Does it work better?

(#2) Old
Default 06-09-2009, 10:12 PM

I hate to admit it, I'm getting used to the wacky trackpad. I have to use two hands, but it works. I put my index finger on my left on the left button and move the cursor with my right index finger. I'm going to move to my bluetooth Mighty Mouse for most of my work.

Dell Mini 10v, 2GB, 120GB, 6-Cell, BT, 802.11n | Mac OS X 10.6.1 - 10v Hackintosh Guide - Get Dropbox for Mac OS X 2GB Free
  (#3) Old
Default 06-10-2009, 07:57 AM

Hello, thanks for your reply!

Ok, that's a start of a solution. Still, it makes this computer a lot less interesting than expected for a use with Mac OSX. I guess I'll have no choice to go back take a look to the new mac book pro 13'

By the way, I have two other issues with the 10v, if that sounds familiar to you:

- when I close the screen to "suspend" the system, and open the screen back, the system is frozen and the screen remains black.

- the camera has been detected, and that's a good surprise, but the microphone seems to have a little problem.

Does someone has fixed those two issues?
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator
Default 06-10-2009, 10:58 AM

For the sleep issue, you need to disable USB Legacy Support in the BIOS. Known issue with both the Mini 9 and the Mini 10v.

Never used the camera so I can't help there.

The microphone is a known issue. I'm not aware of anyone actively working to resolve it. I may see if I can figure something out, but honestly, I am pretty clueless as to why it wouldn't work, when it works fine in Windows 7.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#5) Old
Default 06-10-2009, 12:19 PM

Oh! All right, apparently I didn't dig deeply enough in the known issues database sorry
Thank you very much for your quick answer, that helps me a lot.

(#6) Old
Default 07-21-2009, 11:28 AM

Take a look at MacG's excellent write up. This fixed most of my problems. The internal mic actually worked (although terribly) for a brief period but now I can't get it back.

also I actually like V18 of the trackpad fix (he recommends 17).
I hope someone fixes the internal mic soon. this is a deal breaker for me. I used my mini 9 for iChat all the time.

« Deciding on Color | Booting OS X from an SD card? »