Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Mini 10v Trackpad issues - 06-05-2009, 11:25 AM

Yesterday I received my new Dell Mini 10v (CTO: Ubuntu, 6 cell and bluetooth). Nice and very well built machine, but I observed a strange behavior with the trackpad.

If the Mini 10v is powered by the AC power adapter the trackpad stops working. If I unplug the AC power adaptor the trackpad resumes working. This behavior is independent of the operating system (Ubuntu, XP, Mac OS X) .
If the Mini 10v is powered by battery everything looks fine, but if I try to use an external monitor the trackpad also stops working. If I unplug the video cable the trackpad resumes working.

Upgrading the firmware (A02) as recommended by Dell Customer Care doesn┬┤t resolved the problem. Any suggestions?
  (#2) Old
Default 06-06-2009, 03:39 AM

Hrm. Sounds like something wrong with the motherboard to me. I know there are power settings in Dell Quickset that'll disable things like the ethernet card when switching from AC to battery, but across all three OS's?

Although--your one hope would be to check the BIOS settings (boot it up and hit whatever the interrupt key is on the 10v and go through that menu looking for anything wonky).
  (#3) Old
Default BIOS settings does not affect trackpad (mal)function - 06-06-2009, 06:21 AM

I tried switching off and on many of the BIOS settings (speedstep, usb legacy etc.). Make┬┤s no difference to the strange behavior of the trackpad.
So I will return the Mini 10v after the weekend and stick with my Mini 9.

mini 10v trackpad

« My thoughts after a week.. (Mini 10v) | Future hardware options »