Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Dc Jack broken, what options ? - 10-20-2012, 03:01 PM

hello there
I have a dell mini10v and the dc jack ist broken , i guess.
it wont power up nor charge
i have dismantled it and tried to solder it, without luck it still doesnt work
i have an old dell latittude d810 here , could i use his dc jack or are they device and volatge specific ? should i buy a new dc jack , and if yes ,, where and does anyone has a guide on how to solder it correctly ?

(#2) Old
Default Dell Mini 10 DC Jack Replacement - 12-05-2012, 07:29 PM

I just finished replacing mine. I found a replacement on Amazon for $8.00 all wired and ready to drop in place. The tough part was getting into the computer to do the replacement. There are several YouTube sites with step-by-step videos. I don't recall the one I used, which was very good, but it came up under a YouTube search for Dell Mini 10 memory upgrade. It's not really difficult, but be sure to follow the steps in order and double check the location of each screw before you remove it. There are only two screw sizes - long and short - so it's not hard to keep track of what goes where.

Good Luck!

« Netbook immediately shuts down when lid closed | Just bought a Dell Mini, but can't tell if it is 10 or 10v »