Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Got Lion working on my 10v... - 07-06-2012, 07:56 AM

Keep in mind this was just out of boredom. There's a few things that don't work, and I installed this to an external drive, I would not reccomend replacing your existing sl install. Also, this is 11a390 dp1, not the latest version. Contrary to popular belief, all of the apps in 11a390 have 32-bit support, just not any other verisons of lion. Here is a rough guide from what I remember:

-First, you need lion 11a390... I managed to somehow find it, but I won't post a link because I don't think that's allowed. No, you don't need to replace the finder.

-Download the file attached in this guide [GUIDE] Lion DP1 on Ideapad S10e - InsanelyMac Forum for the ideapad s10e, but don't install the version of chameleon it says, and don't install all of the kexts just yet. Only do step 1, 2, and 3.

-download unibeast from tonymacx86

-install unibeast to the thumb drive you created from the ideapad guide, make sure to check laptop support

-replace mach_kernel and boot with the ones from the ideapad guide, rename mach_kernel_atom to mach_kernel.

-drag the dsdt from an existing 10v sl install into the /extra folder as well

-edit smbios.plist in /extra to say macbook pro 7,1 (not sure if this is necessary)

-edit the boot plist in /extra and add:
typing arch=i386 at the chameleon boot prompt does not work.

-You should now be able to boot into the installer on your 10v. I don't remember if the trackpad and keyboard work, you may need to use external ones.

-after booting again into the new lion install, and download multibeast from Again, install laptop support, fakesmc, the chimera bootloader, and nothing else.

-delete applehda in system/library/extensions, and reboot and start back up with the unibeast usb drive.

-install the gma950, integratedframebuffer, and voodoohda kexts from the ideapad guide with the latest version of kext utility. Also install acpibatterymanager.kext from a working 10v 10.6.7 install or wherever else you can find it. Kext helper b7 did not install the kexts properly.

-replace mach_kernel and boot with the ones from the ideapad guide, again rename mach_kernel_atom to mach_kernel. edit smbios.plist to say macbook pro 7,1 again. edit the boot plist in /extra again, and add:
-change UseKernelCache=Yes to No, delete the boot flags in the line under <key>Kernel Flags</key>

-Reboot (you shouldn't need to boot with unibeast at this point. you should now have correct resolution with qe/ci, working audio, trackpad, keyboard, battery indicator, and wifi.

-The launchpad can't be removed from the dock in dp1, and it bothered me that it had a different icon. The icon is in /System/Library/CoreServices/, there's springboard.png and springboard128.png. I just replaced them with a launchpad icon I found on google (i resized it to the corrext sizes just in case). i also named expose to mission control. you can't add spaces the same way you can in later versions of lion, you need to do it from the expose/spaces pref pane.

What's not working:
-I didn't know how to install the synaptics trackpad pref pane, so I don't have 2-finger/side scrolling and I can't disable tap-to-click. I tried installing the one from my sl install but I suspect it might need another file besides the pref pane.
-The latest Google Chrome doesn't load pages, only early 2011 versions work, although safari works just fine.
-hyperthreading does not work.
-voodoohda is known to be buggy, I haven't had any issues but I haven't fully tested it yet.

I'm pretty sure that's it. If anyone more knowledgeable knows how to solve any of those issues I had, please let me know (especially the chrome issue ).

I apologize if I left anything out or if I posted anything that isn't allowed. I'm guessing most of you won't be interested in doing this, but there's a lot of teasers from people that supposedly installed lion on their 10v so I figured I'd post an actual guide. I just wanted to see if I could do it . Let me know if you have any questions.

The next thing I'm going to try is the latest version of Lion using certain files (such as the finder) from dp1.

(#2) Old
Default 07-06-2012, 11:23 AM

Congrats, it is always good to see people pushing the envelope & trying new things.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |

« Dell Mini 10v with 8 GB SSD | Urgent 10v help, keys don't work »