Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 10v with 8 GB SSD - 05-10-2012, 06:35 AM

I've just received one of these that I bought on eBay. Wasn't expecting an SSD - that particular spec was missing from the listing, even though other regular specs were there.

I emailed the seller and politely pointed out that he hadn't included SSD in the listing, that an SDD is not standard for this model, and I said I was hoping that maybe he had an HDD he'd swap.

He's up in arms now: it is standard, he can provide the original invoice from Dell, and anyway I've bought it now.

I guess my point is that an SSD is not standard in the 2nd-hand market and he should have included that spec in his listing.

I haven't the stomach for a fight (he sounds too indignant, even angry, already) so I won't raise a Dispute with eBay, but I'd like to reply to him and, before I do, would welcome comments here on my point that an SSD is not standard in the 2nd-hand market. (I wouldn't quote anyone in an email to him - I just want to feel a little more confident in my view.)

With thanks,

10v Windows XP
  (#2) Old
Default 05-13-2012, 01:51 AM

Dell has a service tag number on the bottom of your Mini 10v that you can see exactly how it was built from Dell. Check the Dell support with that tag & you can see. My son bought one when they 1st came out & it had a 160 GB HD. It was not a SSD. The tag on my Mini 9 is getting pretty hard to read, but it probably is on the invoice that he provided you as well.

8GB would be OK for me but if you want to dual boot Win7 & OSX it would be a bit small. I would be upset too.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |
  (#3) Old
Default 06-17-2012, 06:15 PM

Mine had an 8GB SSD from Dell, and came with linux. It was a production option. It was cheaper than the hard disk one, and I intended from the outset to swop to a large hard disk and install an image from an older laptop. Which I did when I converted it to a dual boot Win/OSX machine...

Last edited by alpine101; 06-17-2012 at 06:18 PM.
  (#4) Old
Default 06-30-2012, 09:36 AM

I was thinking of getting ssd before I swapped for the the ssd truly quicker?
  (#5) Old
Default 06-30-2012, 01:27 PM

Yes it is. I have the very slow 4 GB SSD & it boots up in 65 seconds (takes 35 of those seconds to connect wireless). Some have posted in the past that they boot in less than 35 seconds with the 8-32 GB SSD's. Be sure that you have enough space to do what you want 1st. You will also find some who are adamantly opposed to SSD's, I have not had a problem with mine.

Please note that my Mini 9 uses a unique SSD while your 10 V has lots of choices & I am seeing some pretty good prices on SSD's

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |

Last edited by lswartz; 06-30-2012 at 01:31 PM.
  (#6) Old
Default 07-01-2012, 05:06 PM

I'd put it up with Ebay if the item description wasn't so clear. How much did you end up paying for a 10v with 8gb ssd?

« how to remove bios password | Got Lion working on my 10v... »