Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Mini 10V XP Driver Install Issues - 11-09-2011, 04:30 AM

Okay, I picked up a Mini 10V off of eBay for a decent price. Unfortunately it was not cleared properly by the previous owner and had trojans and other issues. So I had a copy of XO Home and decided to reinstall (doing that a second time right now).
Originally I updated the drivers from the Dell page but at some point my wireless went from speedy to horribly slow. It seemed better when Windows was handling it than whatever Dell driver/app caused the problem. Last night I was tired and trying to get it all updated when I should have gone to sleep because I installed a driver (forget which one, I'm writing them down this time) that AGAIN slowed the wireless down massively! What drivers and applications from the Dell XP Driver page SHOULD I install and which SHOULDN'T I install? I do have a Belkin N300 USB wifi but I'd rather use onboard if I can.
Also, what is the correct boot order? I ended up moving CD up to the top to get the XP disc (on a USB Lacie slim DVD). Eventually I want to dual boot Ubuntu but I want to get XP working correctly first.
Thanks, AndyB, NH.
  (#2) Old
Default 11-12-2011, 04:16 PM

First of all, in the boot order, you want USB higher if you want to boot from USB CD. The entry for CD/DVD is for a built-in drive, which does not exist.

Dell offers a wireless switch, which turns WiFi on and off, but not any special "Dell" drivers. There are normal drivers for the device, which for XP, you probably do have to get from Dell. I doubt that is the cause of your slowness.

So figure out what you installed that caused a problem.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« WIndows xp drivers disk to usb. | Correct part numbers for bluetooth module »