Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Angry Bricked? Bad power? Dead? Please help me troubleshoot. - 10-11-2011, 05:13 AM

My Dell Mini 10v stopped working a while ago, and unfortunately I don't recall anything significant that I did before it stopped working.

I have OSX Snow Leopard on there, and had it running pretty well for about 6 months, aside from occasional crashes due to updates that broke something.

It's always bugged me that it stopped working for no apparent reason, so I'd appreciate some troubleshooting ideas for my situation.

Here are the symptoms:

When I press the power button, the white power LED will light up for 8-10 seconds, then turn off. That's it.

It does the same thing with a battery, and without a battery but plugged in, and with a battery and plugged in.

I don't hear the HD spin, there's nothing on the LCD, no flicker or anything.
  (#2) Old
Default 10-12-2011, 09:31 PM

mine is kind of in the same situation...was working fine for almost a year, now all of a sudden I turn it on and the LED light blinks white and orange and right when I press the power button it says "Battery cannot be identified, strike F1 to continue" i hit F1 and it boots normally, once it is booted, the keyboard and mouse do not work, but when plugged into the wall it says that it is charging....i need help too lol

EDIT: Actually it looks like mine is just purely a battery issues, because if I take out the batter and use just the power cable all the issues go away, so probably just need a new battery i guess.

Last edited by porky101; 10-12-2011 at 09:58 PM.

« Dell mini 10v overclock possible? | freezing on start up »