Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
daring daring is offline
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default Left speaker overheating. Cause? How to Fix? - 07-09-2011, 11:22 PM

My left speaker is overheating. So much so that it melted. I installed a replacement set, and the problem still exists. Any ideas? Is this a sound card issue? Is it possible to replace the sound card?
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
rrfranczak3 rrfranczak3 is offline
Super Moderator
rrfranczak3's Avatar
Posts: 2,902
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate New York, U.S of A.
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 07-10-2011, 02:24 AM

speakers do not overheat, there must be something around it causing it, there is or should be so little going into a speaker to cause it to have other issues....

PS. Welcome to the forum......

BTW: I believe that the sound "card" (dont think it has one) is built in to the mobo

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
daring daring is offline
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default 07-10-2011, 03:00 AM

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I was afraid the sound card was built in to the mb. The speaker is definitely the heat source though, I used the computer for a week or so without speakers in it while I waited for the replacements, no heat. Plugged in the replacements and within seconds the magnet on the the left speaker was hot to the touch, after 30 secs hot enough to cause a blister on my finger.
Reply With Quote

overheating, sound card, speaker

« BIOS Setup access | Mini 10v screen swap question »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Copyright © 2008-2016