Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Anyone ever Replace 10V Back Cover? - 05-30-2011, 02:57 AM

I have read several threads on here where ppl have asked about ordering and replacing a damaged back cover. I have heard of people just popping the back cover off with a credit card. Also some have posted directions that require removing the entire screen from the main body. I don't want to do that because i have to strip the entire computer apart!! any one have been through this please post some suggestions or experiences. thanks!!!

10v w/2gs of ram and a multi touchpad (from 1010) running OSX snow leopard, Ubunto remix, and 7 RTM.
  (#2) Old
Default 06-11-2011, 12:25 PM

I've been researching the same thing for a few days now. I (foolishly) put my charger in with my Mini10v in my laptop bag and scratched it. From what i gather, you have to take the screen off and gently pry the cover off, replace it, then in turn replace the screen.

I may give the credit card trick a go. I'll report back if/when i do.

« Dual Core Processor Upgrade for Dell Mini 10v & OS X 10.7 Lion | Problems syncing iPhone - buy an Air? »