Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Post hybrid drive - 05-19-2011, 09:40 PM

I just thought i would start a thread about Hybrid drives and my review of Segate's
This is the Drive Seagate Momentus XT 500GB review | Expert Reviews
I am very happy with it and it has transformed my dell. I love how the Hard Drive recognizes what you use most and puts it in the flash part of the disk. my boot up time has increased dramatically, I would say that its a great half way house between a SSd and a Hard drive so those are my thoughts. Just wondered if anyone else has tried this HDD or a similar type of drive.
Im so thrilled with the drive if they bring out a 1TB version thats going in my imac for sure.
the only other thing my dell needs is a 6 cell battery but im unsure of what and where i should buy from other than dell.

Dell Mini 10v/ 500GB seagate Momentus XT solid state Hybrid Drive/ 1Gb RAM/ Snow Leopard 10.6.7/ running Adobe Photoshop CS5 flawlessly for a netbook/ 6cell battery/ HAWT
  (#2) Old
Default 05-24-2011, 05:15 PM

I read this and thought it was not bad at all.

do you have seven in dual boot by any chance?
I would have been happy to know about your boot times for that OS and the lauch time for a few common programs

« Just bought an SSD for Mini10v - OS thoughts? | Part Number for Battery / Status Light Board? »