Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Time Machine Restore? - 05-16-2011, 12:29 AM

Hey all,

I just wondered if there was a known issue with Time Machine restoring.

I did a time machine backup of my SL 10.6.7 install, and tried installing Ubuntu 10.10, but I ran into an odd issue when I tried to partition the drive under Ubuntu (I think it said that the drive or partition looked like it had remnants of an HPT table). I couldn't get past this error so I threw in the towel and plugged in my OSX installer flash drive, used Disk Utility to partition the drive to a single partition, and then tried to do a restore of my Time Machine backup.

I left it alone for a while, and it looked like it wasn't making progress (it was stuck at 15% complete), so I moved the mouse pointer with the trackpad, and the progress jumped to 103.2% complete, with about 7.5 million days left according to the time remaining reference .

I have found that it isn't unusual for the progress bars to appear to get stuck and then update once you move the mouse around, but how does a restore get to more than 100% complete??

I ended up having to reinstall from scratch, and I used time machine to restore some documents from my backup.

Is time machine just not functional on a hackintosh, or is it possible that the linux installation attempt somehow messed it up?

(#2) Old
Default 05-23-2011, 09:50 PM

Should of had a little more patience when i restore it can go as high as 130% just keep shuffling the mouse about it eventually says complete and restart.

Dell Mini 10v | OSX 10.6.7 l Ubuntu 11.10

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

« i messed my triple boot up | Just bought an SSD for Mini10v - OS thoughts? »