Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Dell mini 10 battery cannot be identified. - 04-07-2011, 01:34 PM

Hi i just bought a dell mini 10 was told that it was freezeing on the windows startup screen. That was fine i bought a psu of ebay as it did not come with one but on start up i get an error saying.

"The battery cannot be ideentified. This system will be unable to charge this battery."

Strike the F1 key to continue.

Ive fixed windows with a fresh install but in windows is says that the battery is pluged in and not chargeing. The seller said it was a while science they used the mini as they could not get in to windows but when they were useing it the battery worked and they did not get any errors.

Ive tryed the battery in a friends dell mini 10 and the same thing happens his battery works fine in my mini 10 is the battery dead is there any way to save it ?

Also if i plug out the battery while the computer is on and then plug it back in it says it is chargeing but only for a few seconds.

« Wireless/Cabled connection issue | Mini 10v screen turns on when I plug in charger »