Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Reinstall of Windows XP - 02-09-2011, 05:17 AM

Hey Guys,

My wifes Dell Mini 10v has been VERY slow as of late. I bought the Dell Mini 10v Summer of 2009. Apparently this Dell Mini 10v is one of the lucky few that didnt have a restore partition on it. I tried "CTRL + F11" as well as F8 on the startup/boot up screens. I can get into the F8 but nowhere does it say anything about system restore. I have a copy of Windows XP Professional on hand and decided to reinstall using the USB method. I got Windows XP Pro on it with no problem but now. I think I have driver issues, cause it doesnt see the NIC card, Wireless card as well as the web cam and sound card. My question I guess is. Where do I need to go to get these drivers so I can install them and get everything working?

Thanks for any info!

I have located the website in which to download the Dell drivers, I'll chime back in if I need further assistance! Any other input is welcome however!

Dell Inspiron Mini 10v | G. Skill 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 | 16GB SSD(OEM) | Obsidian Black | Windows XP

Last edited by Irongladiator; 02-09-2011 at 05:33 AM.

« dell dropping mini support? | Thumbdrive Install problems »