Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Mini Shutting Down - 01-17-2011, 03:31 PM

Hi everyone,
My apologies if this question has been asked before, I looked but couldn't find much.
I'm seeing that my Mini will spontaneously shut down every now and then, but I have not been able to determine a pattern. My mini only had XP on it for a few minutes (got hackintoshed immediately), so I'm not sure if this might be a hackintosh issue or a hardware problem.

Before I reinstall XP on it and run it for a while to test, wanted to see if anyone else here might have experienced the same problem (and if there's a fix for it)? My mini is still under warranty, so if it turns out to be a hardware issue I can always send it back.

Thank you!
  (#2) Old
Default 01-26-2011, 02:01 AM

Same here. Just started a day or two ago. I've owned this 10v nearly a year, first issue I've had.

Any experience with this issue?

Mini 10v - SL 10.6.3 - 2GB RAM - A05 BIOS
  (#3) Old
Default 01-26-2011, 03:15 AM

strangely i too am facing it, only in win 7 my tripple boot is fine with osx and ubuntu 10.10 works fine . almost a year too for mine and prob began last week
  (#4) Old
Default 01-26-2011, 08:16 AM

Strange. Mines's just over a year old, and it shut down the other day. Just happened the one time. Running OS X.

Hope it doesn't turn into a recurring problem.

10v, N80, 1 Gig ram, 160 Gig HD, A06 /Windows XP / SL 10.6.6 NBI 0.8.4 Special/ Linux Mint |
Please use my Dropbox Invite link:
  (#5) Old
Default 01-26-2011, 02:54 PM

Same thing started happening to me as well. I thought it may be the battery but I'm not so sure now. Mine's also just over a year old and Hackintoshed.

EDIT: Just remembered this only stated after I instaalled the 10.6.6 update and before it happens the orange light starts flashing over the white light (The white stays on as the orange flashed)
EDIT 2: It's only happening when the charger is plugged in and the battery is charged to 75%.

« First Steps | Screen Issues »