Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default 1011 wireless adapter not working!!! - 12-09-2010, 01:44 AM

Here's the story, I bought this 10v and it came with ubuntu and the internet worked, then I usb-booted into puppy linux to try THAT out and after that no internet adapter appears. Now, to make a long story short - I installed windows 7 x86 onto the netbook and now I still don't have an internet adapter. Any suggestions? thanks minidellforum!
  (#2) Old
Default 12-09-2010, 03:13 AM

I believe many Linux distros are missing drivers for the Broadcom WiFi adapter that comes in the Mini 10v. Depending on the distro, it can be easy or awkward to install the drivers. I dunno about Puppy Linux.

In Windows, you may have to install drivers, too. Plug in via a wire to get the drivers, Windows probably has a driver for the wired connection.

If installing the drivers doesn't help, test by running "sudo lspci" in a Linux terminal. That'll list all PCI devices, even those without drivers. Your network card should be among those, unless there's a hardware problem or it's disabled in BIOS. You can perform a similar test in Windows by looking in Device Manager for devices with exclamation points.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old
Default 12-09-2010, 03:22 AM

Thanks for the response, I checked the device manager and only have one unknown device, after installing halfdone's unknown devices program I found the hardware id is CPL0002 and after researching I found it could be helped by installing a driver for the battery meter from dell, I downloaded and installed and win 7 32 would not "accept it".

I will check the bios, just in case....the saga continues.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Eureka!! changing WLAN wake or something like that in the bios did it!! I had bios a06 installed FYI. Thanks

« Advice on upgrading my mini 10v with SSD, bluetooth and a larger battery. | 10v Battery Dead »