Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Stuck - 10-28-2010, 01:02 PM

all right, I have been all over the internet for this one and I cannot figure it out. I bought a Dell Mini10v last year before coming to Korea so the wife and I could stay in touch. I know it had bluetooth when I got it because I transferred songs from my phone to the laptop. Somewhere over the last year, the bluetooth disappeared.
  • It shows up as working properly in device manager.
  • It doesn't show an icon in the system tray.
  • I have reset the BIOS to factory settings
  • I have reinstalled the WIDCOMM software.
  • i have reinstalled every driver for both the wireless LAN and the bluetooth
  • I have the stupid pink icon in the system tray that allows me to turn on the
    bluetooth and wireless LAN
  • my firewall is turned on
  • I am running Avast (if that makes a difference)
  • my network connection shows that my bluetooth adapter is working fine, and that there are no issues, but there is a red X showing no connection
  • I have bluetooth devices (my new MP3 player) that I now need to connect to the laptop and I can't.

Does anyone have any knowledge or ideas for this one?

Dell's website was no help and I stumbled into here for the first time today.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Default 10-28-2010, 02:56 PM

if you reset the BIOS to factory default, bluetooth may be turned off in the BIOS...double check it, also you gave a lot of info EXCEPT what OS are you on XP or Win 7?..that should have been first

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#3) Old
Default 10-28-2010, 09:10 PM

sorry, I am running Windows XP. and I can't find the bluteooth in the BIOS

(ETA: I was exhausted when I went looking for bluetooth in the BIOS. I found it and it was already enabled. Amazing what a cup of coffee will do)
  (#4) Old
Default 10-29-2010, 06:24 AM

Well, I have been working at it all day and still no luck. I considered reinstalling my OS, but the disks are in the States and I am not. I also cn not find a way to do that through a partition on the hard disk. This is becoming an obsession.
I did go so far, however as to back up my hard drive in case I do something stupid.

I have reinstalled the BT software and drivers (again), and found a folder on the hard drive called "My Bluetooth Places" When I click on anything in that folder, however, I get one of the two following messages:

Bluetooth device not found
Please verify that your bluetooth deevice is properly connected and turned on.

No local Bluetooth device was detected
It shows up in my device manage, it shows up everywhere but in my system tray. My cellphone detects my computer, but my MP3 player does not. My cell phone, however can not connect. On the phone I get a message asking me if the passcode is correct, but nothing happens on the computer.

Stuck, in Korea.
  (#5) Old
Default Solved - 10-31-2010, 12:18 PM

Over 48 hours later, it was solved (by me) without reinstalling windows XP.

I went into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\Computer management

and in there, under Services and applications\Services I located Bluetooth Support Service (I say located, but I stumbled on it on accident by poking around)

I then directed Windows to stop all Bluetooth support, and stop the separate Bluetooth Service.

When I went to uninstall/reinstall my Broadcom adapter, it wasn't even listed. So I went through and deleted everything under the Device Manager that was even remotely related to the Bluetooth.

I deleted the Bluetooth modem, LAN Access Server Driver, ALL PORTS (whether serial or COM), and every single USB host/driver because of the dongle that I tried.

From there, I deleted the driver files from Dell for a clean install (R206978)

I then went into add/remove programs, uninstalled the WIDCOMM software and rebooted the computer.

From there, I went into BIOS, disabled my bluetooth and restarted again.

I let the computer boot fully, and noticed I had no mouse (silly me for deleting all the USB controllers), but everything started reinstalling immediately. Still no bluetooth though.

I went on the Dell website and redownloaded R206978 and left it on the desktop.

I rebooted, accessed the BIOS and re-enabled the bluetooth and rebooted AGAIN. All of a sudden my bluetooth adapter and BUS enumerator reinstalled themselves and I let it go. Finally, I reinstalled the WIDCOMM software (R206978), and the installation wizard came up to customize my bluetooth!

FIXED! (sort of)

Now, it thinks my MP3 player is a hands free device, and won't transfer files to it. But that's an issue for another forum.

« Display Cable? | Antivirus choices? »