Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Thumbs up Dell 10v with Touchscreen - 09-14-2010, 04:48 AM

I just installed a Hoda touchscreen ( purchased at FidoHub-Index ) in my Dell 10v and it works very well. I'm dual booting Win7 and SL 10.6.3, and it works in bot OSs without issue.

I purchased the touchscreen made for the Lenovo S10e, which is the exact same dimensions as the 10v. While it says solderless, I did redo one of the USB ports because I couldn't find a way to connect the hub otherwise. I just unsoldered one of the ports data and voltage points, ran a wire from it to the hub, and ran another wire back that was soldered directly to the port. Outside, you can't tell the difference. I have more to my video, but I'm crappy at video editing. The hub board is small and fits fine in the open area next to the WiFi board. I did have to use a razor to modify the space a little. VERY minor and unnoticeable.

FYI - in my hand is a pen/stylus that came with the kit. I am using the stylus point.
  (#2) Old
Default 09-17-2010, 02:40 PM

That's very cool. Need to have a look at availability in the UK.
  (#3) Old
Default 09-23-2010, 12:54 PM

I am very interested in doing this. I have just added the Bluetooth module and was surprised how easy it was. How tricky would you say this was, considering I rated the bluetooth at about 2/10?

10v, hoda, screen, touch, touchscreen

« is the 1024x600 lcd in the 10v the same as the one in the 1012? | Screen Resolution Problem »