Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Thumbs up How I fixed missing Bluetooth on 10.6.4 - 08-07-2010, 03:08 AM

I was able to restore Bluetooth functionality to my 10v running 10.6.4 set up with NetBookInstaller 0.8.4 RC1. It was working originally when I first received the laptop and install Snow Leopard out of the box.

I recently erased it and installed Windows 7 (which worked nicely including Bluetooth) however I got tired of Win7 and reinstalled Snow Leopard 10.6 from retail DVD along with NBI as I noted above. I was able to update to 10.6.4 but at this point I noticed no Bluetooth in the System Preferences. No Bluetooth was reported in the System Profile.

I did all the usual - reinstalling everything, changing all the BIOS options, etc but no luck. I happened to see a posting about a guy that fixed his missing WAN by resetting BIOS to defaults (F9). I tried this and wonders it worked.

After hitting F9 in BIOS, I saved and restarted and OS X immediately discovered Bluetooth and prompted to set up.

So if you're having trouble with Bluetooth (ie, it doesn't appear in the System Prefs), give this BIOS reset a try.

Vostro A90 (Mini 9):Runcore 32GB SSD:2GB RAM:10.5.8
Inspiron Mini 10v:Standard:2GB RAM:10.6.4

bluetooth mini10v fix

« Quick LCD Replacement Question | Dell mini 10v LCD discussion »