Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Smile Quick LCD Replacement Question - 08-06-2010, 06:45 PM

Hello All!

First off thanks for this forum its been an invaluable resource to me. Helped me solve my blinking battery light/dead battery issue (under warranty). As well as pointing me to various FAQ and service manuals. Been lurking for a while and this is my first post as I couldn't track down the answer searching.

On to my question. My 10v has a cracked LCD display and I am about to jump into the task of replacing it. My question lies in which replacement unit to purchase. I am aware that you cannot use the high res 1010 screen....I'm ok with that. From what I read is I should be fine with any 1011 screen as long as the resolution matches (display properties says I'm at 1024x600).

My build sheet defines my display as:
Module, Liquid Crystal Display 10.1WSVGA, V2, Lg Philips Lcd 1011
Liquid Crystal Display, 10.1WSVGA, Top Latch, V2, Industry Standard Panel/Display, Lg Philips Lcd

I have been looking on ebay and have surfaced the one below....everything seems to match although it mentions 40pin connector. I'm assuming this is standard.

10.1 DELL Inspiron Mini 1011 netbook Screen LCD display - eBay (item 130381740559 end time Aug-06-10 18:00:51 PDT)

So....long story short would this replacement LCD suffice? I understand some will recommend purchasing one from dell directly but that is cost prohibitive at the moment. Has anyone had any experience with this ebay seller or perhaps someone else they can recommend?

Again, thanks for the info and back to searching!

EDIT: Mods I realized this may not be the correct forum so I moved my post over to the Hardware issue section. Please feel free to lock or delete as you see fit. thanks.

« How to deal with RAW photos on 10v? | Uninstall partition »