Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Screen Resolution Problem - 04-16-2010, 10:05 AM

I have been using this machine for a good 2 weeks and the display has started playing up. I have OS 10.6 installed and it was installed A06. The machine installed OS X perfectly and was working like a charm with no problems. All of a sudden after a reboot, the bios display appeared stretched as if running in 800x600. I restarted a few times, pulled out the battery and it held up for a few more days. Today I started up the Dell and was faced with the same problem. Only now, a string of restarts and battery pull outs hasn't fixed the problem. I have downgraded the bios to A04 after reading compatibility issues with SL. Restarted, same stretched Dell logo. I am reinstalling OS X at the moment and if it doesn't work there either, I'm going to try and force it from the boot plist. I am seriously out of ideas and this is driving me insane!

(#2) Old
Default 09-25-2010, 03:30 AM

I just got a refurb 10v with the same problem, first with SL (didn't even boot winxp as this is my second 10v and thought I knew what I was doing), then I reinstalled windows XP and all the drivers, bios 04 to 06. The adapter control panel says its a 1024 x 768 LCD, and even the Intel GMA "show all resolutions" does not give me 1024x600. How does the GMA get the screen dimensions? Is there a i2c prom, jumpers, or via digital interface to the LCD itself? I have to use my old VGA monitor and use F1 key to get to bottom of the screen.
  (#3) Old
Default 09-25-2010, 06:47 PM

It gets it from the display panel through an interface called EDID. I think some 10v models were sold with a 1024x768 display, unless I am misremembering.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Dell 10v with Touchscreen | New mini 10V owner - which OS to use »