Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Samsung SE-S084 8X Slim External DVD Write - 04-08-2010, 11:35 PM

okay, just plugged in via usb the: Samsung SE-S084 8X Slim External DVD Write, would like to use it to install a new program, office pr 2003 (xp) into a dell mini 10V, having problems getting it to work, any ideas?
  (#2) Old
Default 04-09-2010, 12:51 AM

Did you use the "powered" usb port on the right side? The two ports on the left are for low powered devices only.

(#3) Old
Default 04-09-2010, 12:35 PM

What exactly is the problem? Is it not being recognised when you plug it in? Does the device manager show a warning triangle and say the drivers could not be loaded? I had this problem on one of my laptops when I plugged this same DVD drive in - turned out to be an issue with the CD burning drivers from iTunes. You could try uninstalling iTunes or follow these instructions which worked for me (I then had to reinstall iTunes):

How Can I Fix Code 39 Error? at Instant Registry Fixes

- Simon.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#4) Old
Default 04-11-2010, 07:11 PM

I have a Samsung SE-S084 drive hooked up to my Dell Mini and it works great -- it even works when plugged into the left-side port (although, as noted above, the higher-power right-side port is recommended). Does your drive work when connected to other computers or another USB port? It sounds like it might be defective. Great drive, BTW.

« Dell 10v Sound issues | Mini 10V GONE GONE GONE gone gne ge g * ---! »