Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Question Dell Mini 10v, Intel® GMA 950 & Display Switching Behavior/Interface - 03-30-2010, 10:20 PM

Hello All,

Hope this hasn't already been answered, a cursory search didn't turn up anything.

I've had the Dell Mini 10v for approximately 6 months, and have been using it for a while to run Hulu, Netflix, Pandora (via Firefox), and most recently Boxee. I don't recall making any configuration changes related to a recent occurrence (annoyance), which is this...

I frequently find that both the Mini monitor, and the external "display" (a Toshiba 32" TV, 32AV50U) "switch off". The TV is on, and although properly connected via VGA, indicates "no signal", and using the default output hotkeys <ALT>+<F1>/<ALT>+<F3> doesn't seem to restore the Mini 10v. Sometimes I find the only way to restore proper functionality, is to reboot the Mini, and "reboot" the TV.

The default scheme for Intel's GMA 950 software interface (which completely sucks BTW), has always been Notebook + Monitor, and aside from using the hotkey combination, I can't figure out what's "switching" this setup to just Notebook, or just Monitor after I have set it to the default combination mode... Somedays it just works "out of the box", and some days I spend 15 minutes playing around in order to fire up some quick tunes on Pandora. No fun...

To sum it up, something has changed inexplicably, and I wondered if anyone had this experience, or knows how to reset the default behavior, or at the very least, create a Windows shortcut or .bat (command-line access to the proper Intel scheme) that I can hotkey "in the dark" from the WinXP desktop (NOT a hotkey from several levels into the Intel interface...) to get both displays working.

(#2) Old
Default 03-31-2010, 01:41 AM

I haven't tried the ALT function key combinations, but I switch between internal and external monitors using the Fn+F1 keys. Each press cycles between internal, external and dual modes.

display, driver, graphics, intel gma 950, monitor

« Is there any reason to upgrade bios? | is bluetooth worth it »