Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old
Default 03-25-2010, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by 0212353 View Post
I only get this error on my 10v (dual boot SL/7) if I attempt to boot into 7 when its plugged into the AC charger and ethernet plugged in. weird.
You just reminded me. Mine also occured when it was using Ethernet. It was at a hotel and I had to use ethernet.
  (#12) Old
Default 03-25-2010, 01:07 AM

i can confirm ive only had this prob with the ethernet plugged in but sometimes the power was also plugged in so dont know if its a combo of both
  (#13) Old
Default 03-25-2010, 01:17 AM

guess I am not going crazy then! first time it happened I about freaked out.....
  (#14) Old
Default 04-13-2010, 06:20 PM

I can also confirm that it's only when booting into Windows 7 with an Ethernet cable plugged in. It seems to be ok if you plug it in later on after boot, as I did that yesterday and watched a full show on with no problems. This was without AC plugged in, so I don't think that's related.
  (#15) Old
Default 05-08-2010, 06:47 PM

FYI, i havent change anything on my mini 10v with OSX. its still stock factory setups from Dell and yet crash with Hardware malfunction blue screen. It happen several times when i plug ethernet cable.

I just merely, plug the ethernet cable & monitor output and turn on the 10v. when it start goes to windows XP logo, right after that BLUE SCREEN showed. With other people commenting similar problem while using the ethernet slot.. that seem we able to narrowed it down to 2 posibility that we might found the culprit.

Could be either the driver incompatibility of the monitor output or Ethernet slot that cause this blue screen.

i gonna call DELL and see if they aware of these matter. and what would they solve this problem.
  (#16) Old
Default 05-22-2010, 09:35 PM

Here's a new datapoint for affirmation: I just saw this error for the first time after 6 months of use -- and for the first time, I booted my Mini while simultaneously plugged into both the a/c and an ethernet connection, and memory parity hilarity ensued. Unplugged the ethernet, tried again, and voila! A clean boot. Weird and disconcerting.
  (#17) Old
Default 05-29-2010, 02:09 PM

I saw that the first time I booted up my mini 10v
After that, I removed xp, installed ubuntu, then installed mac os and win7, and the problem NEVER never never occurred again. As many others, I ran the ram test with the ubuntu live usb, and no problem whatsoever was reported after all the tests (it took quite a while)
To be honest, I don't remember if I booted up with AC and ethernet plugged, I will try and see what happens.
  (#18) Old
Default 06-05-2010, 08:15 PM

Wow. I'm noticing a trend. I just bought a Kingston SSD and did a fresh Win7 install on it with no problems. Installed iTunes, did a reboot and BAM, same error. Checked out this thread and noticed both my ethernet and AC were plugged in. Unplugged both and now it works. Go figure.
  (#19) Old
Default 09-30-2010, 09:49 AM

Definately a problem with the driver for the ethernet card. I had this problem on about about 70 out of 100 laptops in a batch. Updating to the driver from the manufacturer of the card (not dells fixed) the problem although it did take me time to find the right driver

error, memory, nmi, parity

« Resolution stuck at 1024x576! | How can i resolve overheating problem in Inspiron Mini 10? »