Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Installing Bluetooth adapter - 03-19-2010, 06:19 PM

How easy is it to install the Bluetooth adapter in the Mini 10v if you get an OEM one off eBay? Do you need to disassemble the whole machine like you do for a RAM install? Would I be better off with the IOGear micro USB one?
  (#2) Old
Default 03-19-2010, 07:09 PM

super easy.
with it off,
pull the power cord
pull the battery
you *may* not have to remove the keyboard, unless you pull the ribbon cable from the trackpad when you pop the palm rest off. sometimes it pulls out.
just wedge your fingernail or guitar pick into the seam at the front edge of the palm rest. not the keyboard side, the front side and pop it up. there are 3 or 4 snap clip things along the front and one on either side. then it just pops off and you can peek under it. there is a little connector for the bluetooth just about at where the right side edge of the trackpad is. and there is a little well that the bluetooth module will sort of snap into. if you set the back edge under the back edge of the well, the front edge will snap into place.
i have done this about 45 times, and i can put a bluetooth module in a 10v in about 3 minutes. unless the ribbon cable comes off. then it takes 5 minutes. take the 3 screws off that hold the keyboard in place and hinge it up, replace the ribbon and screw it back in place.

the dell service manual for the 10v: Documentation

and the bluetooth part: Documentation
they make it look more complicated than it is. for safety reasons i suppose.

 mini 10v | osx 10.6.3 | nbi 0.8.5 RC1 | n270 | bios 04 | 1tb Scorpio Black | 2 gigs ram | BT | audio | wireless a/b/g/n | Magic Mouse | Apple Wireless Keyboard

« Does the 10v have a wireless antenna? | Screen Res Problem (win7) with some apps. »