Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Is there a version of Dell Ubuntu-Moblin-Remix that works? - 03-17-2010, 06:19 PM

When I write the img to usb with either unetbootin or ImageWriter the system halts after rebooting at the syslinux screen.
  (#2) Old
Default 03-17-2010, 08:13 PM

Do you have an error message? If you're looking at the initial ISOLinux 'boot:' screen(black background, white text, virtually empty...) then press enter. Grub should load with obvious options.

If you do actually have an error message, please detail it.

Note that Moblin 2.1 works very, very well on the 10v but due to the crappy Broadcom 14e4:4312 wireless does not work out of the box. Wired connections still function normally and if you decide to install Moblin to the system(giving you needed writable space) then you can install proper drivers to enable wireless support without much issue. The following URL should help.

Fixing Broadcom BCM4312 in Moblin - Dell mini 9(and 10v)

Hope this helps.
  (#3) Old
Default 03-19-2010, 05:24 AM

thanks for the link. i got netbook installed the other day but it didnt see my wifi. also i didnt have any problems with the latest netbook build for my 10v

« Want some Mini 10V Tips and more | How to make my 10 a bit quicker? »