Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Going back to XP from OSX..error msg after copying files from external drive - 03-14-2010, 02:10 AM

When trying to go back to XP with my re-install disc, I deleted the partion OSX was on, reformatted it NTFS, and proceded with the standard windows install. After all the files are copied and the computer reboots I get this message:

Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.
Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.
Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.

Any idea how to correct this?

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

When I get to the partition table in the setup, I have this:

F: Partition1 (unknown) 0mb
G: Partition2 <EFI> [FAT32] 200mb (181mb free)
C: Partition3 [NTFS] 160gb

After a quick google I came across a thread here in the dual boot forum, someone had the same issue. Someone suggested XP doesnt like to be on the 3rd partition. Someone else said they completely removed all partitions that were on the drive. If I remove everything and just make 1 partition will it install like usual? Ive done dozens and dozens of windows installs and never had a problem before. So Im stumped.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

I guess this can be disregarded. I deleted partition1, deleted and formatted partition3 again and the install is going.

So must be some validity to the 3rd partition issue I mentioned before.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 03-14-2010, 03:29 AM

glad you got it worked out..

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case

« Windows 7 - Mini 10V - Taskbar question | two problems »