Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Some Guidance and Opinions Please - 03-12-2010, 06:07 AM

Hey guys, 1st post...So I finally got my 10V and I love it. I really want to upgrade it to 2gb ram. 1st off, which ram should I buy? secondly, I might install it myself or I might get someone to do it for me....anyone around Chicago that can help me out? If I want to run SL, do I need to upgrade to 2gb?

Okay, so I really want to Hackintosh...whats the best guide out there? I have read and seen youtube vids but can anyone point me in the right direction. Also, I want to do this but I'm afraid that I wont get the audio to work right or the sleep mode...this can be done right?

If I do decide to hackintosh it, will I regret it? will SL run better than XP? I only want to if it will run faster and smoother, I mean I only use my 10v to surf the web...I don't play games or download much, BUT i really want to hack this bad boy. If I do and decide that I don't like it, can I go back to XP? THANKS GUYS...I appreciate any help
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user
Default 03-12-2010, 06:09 AM

Whatever's cheapest, within reason. Seriously, the 10v doesn't need anything special, most any 2GB SODIMM for the most part will work.

If you're in the NW burbs, I'm sure I can help out if you're truly squeamish.

Getting an iPad
  (#3) Old
Super Moderator
Default 03-12-2010, 07:59 AM

Hi Stax17, and welcome to the Forum!

If you are interested in Hackintoshing your new Mini 10v, you will find lots of useful information and discussion in our dedicated section of the forum, which can be found here.

The guides most folk on here use are the excellent ones written by Mechdrew, which are located here, with NetbookInstaller 2 being the most popular, if you don't have access to a Mac computer.

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN

« Car charging a 10v | A 9 cell in the making? »