Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default heat sinks on Mini 10 - 03-08-2010, 04:39 PM

hi all i didi the 2 gig ram upgrade as many others here have and netbook is running a bit warm but normal temps , 47-52 but my purple cover is out for delivery today and while i have it open i am wondering if i should take off the pads they have in there and replace the with these tiny copper cooling fins i have like this jsut to help with heat a bit , if i add i jsut not sure how to keep it on there i have the micro think doubble sided tape that comes with them , any ideas or info my cover will be here in the next hour hoping to get soem feedback thank you !!!

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

ok nevermind , no way any heatsink witll fit in here , maybe solid copper pennies hehe attached with artic silver epoxy
  (#2) Old
Default 03-08-2010, 04:50 PM

First off -- please downsize images before posting more; these make the page too wide.

I think the cooling is primarily conductive, not from internal air flow, so I don't think the fins on these devices would help much. Solid pieces of copper with flat surfaces plus Arctic Silver might be an improvement -- or not.

If I were pulling my 10v apart again (I've done it twice) I would either leave it as-is or add some AS to the existing heat pads. But I don't plan another disassembly (before I couldn't locate my AS but now I have).

Netbook: Mini 10v, BIOS A05, OS X 10.6.4, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, BT

« Dell Mini 10v n270 or n280 3 cell or 6 cell battery | oovoo and mini 10v »