Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default 1510 Wireless N in Mini 10v question. - 03-03-2010, 03:35 AM

How come under Band Prefrence there is only a/b/g. It seems like all the settings you can change under the advanced tab in windows have to do with those. There is only 1 mention of N. Also, my N router is displaying as Wireless A under Windows 7.

What am I doing wrong. I thought this was an N card but it seems to be performing horribly compared to G. Is there any settings at all to change under Windows or is it 100% my DDWRT WRT610n router.

I got two bars for N and four bars for G without being connected to any of them. I thought it would be the other way around =/

Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: I booted into OSX and its a night and day difference. It flys on N (same 2 bars though). I don't know what the deal is under Windows 7. I got the latest driver from Dell, then I got the latest (newer) Broadcom driver from a post on here and they both don't hold a candle to OSX =/

Dell Mini 10v Mac OSX 10.6.2 Windows 7 Ultimate 2 GB RAM 40GB Intel X25-V SSD BIOS A06 Blue Tooth 1510 WLAN 802.11n NBI 8.3alpha SGP Carbon Skin
  (#2) Old
Default 03-03-2010, 05:59 AM

I think you may be getting bands and protocols mixed up. A is a protocol for 5.8 ghz band and B/G is a protocol for 2.4 ghz band. N is a protocol which can be run on either or both bands depending on the capabilities of the wireless router or AP you are using. As for the 1510 card it is N capable. If N is not available it may be driver related.

« what is the latest driver | High pitched hum from 10v when plugged in »