Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Mini 10v Battery Behavior with non-Dell ones? - 03-01-2010, 08:28 PM

i upgraded from a Mini9 to a 10v. The Mini9 didn't accept batteries which where not coming from Dell very well:
A warning at the boot screen was coming up, we needed to press a Key and the Battery LED Indicator was flashing.

Is the 10v in that regards behaving differently?

I'm thinking about buying an 6-cell battery on ebay, as my current 3-cell battery is just giving me a little bit over 3 hours.
  (#2) Old
Default 03-02-2010, 07:48 AM

I don't know the answer. But I had the same thing happen on a Thinkpad. A bit annoying, but I decided for the $$ saved I'd live with it. But then the battery died way faster then the original, and I replaced it with a Lenovo. Wasn't worth it. That wasn't my only bad experience with cheap batteries. Seems you get what you pay for, with batteries. But I do try to find the genuine ones on eekBay for a better price. It's often not easy to tell on those auctions whether it's an original one, or a "genuine" from another producer. Good luck!

« Battery Life OS X vs Windows 7 | Can this old Dell make be a boot disk »