Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default 10v Wireless/Wi-Fi Problems - Help! - 02-24-2010, 01:45 PM

Hey all, first post here. Threads have been very helpful getting my brand new 10v up and running with OS X, which has been running very well apart from one huge thing: no Wi-Fi.

It turns on. Most of the time it will find networks. Sometimes it will find 10, sometimes only 2, and often nothing.

I can connect to my router sometimes, but after about 10 seconds of showing a full signal - an exclamation point is shown with an alert saying "No internet connection..."

I installed OS X as per Gizmodo guide - have used latest NBI - have tried disabling WLAN, rebooting, turning it back on.

Have opened it up. The WLAN card is DW1510. It seems to be all in fine and connected but I can't really tell. I have also got my router on channel 11 (was already on channel 11).

Have tried other routers. The one at work has slightly better luck but still doesn't really work.

Before I installed OS X I tried connecting to the router at work with Windows 7, and noticed the performance was pretty bad but at least it connected.

Have I got a dodgy card? What should I replace this with for use with Mac OS? Anything else I can do?

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Just in addition: what internal wifi cards are supported by os x apart from the cruddy 1510? Preferably N but not necessarily. Not sure I want an external one if it can be avoided.
  (#2) Old
Default 02-24-2010, 01:55 PM

-=|| Mini10v | 2GB | 120GB | BT | Win7 Pro | OSX 10.6.2 ||=-
  (#3) Old
Default 02-24-2010, 06:15 PM

+1 on the router settings, Check that first. If it's an "N" router, change it to legacy mode (i.e. B/G) and then change to different channel other than 11.

I had similar issues after I got a new N router and changing the settings everything works as expected.

10v | OSX 10.6.2 | Win7 | N270 | 2gb RAM
  (#4) Old
Default 02-25-2010, 02:36 AM

Thanks everyone. Will have a look again at the router settings tonight.

I am using my 10v at work now and the wireless is working excellently on a G router. Thank god I know the hardware works at least.

Great machine otherwise!
  (#5) Old
Default 02-25-2010, 08:52 AM

I myself have the same problem, its a common problem with this card actually.....

Rebranding Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/n Cards as Airport | Prasys' Blog

im trying to do this atm to see if this will help
  (#6) Old
Default 02-25-2010, 11:47 AM

The 1510 N card in my 10v works perfectly with my Airport Extreme Dual N router. In fact it works perfectly with every wifi i've connected it to. Never had an issue.

I have also just run through the firmware update to have it appear as an Apple card. Didn't appear to make any difference to performance but at least it shows up as Apple now

Mini 10v | 2GB RAM | 120GB HDD | 1510 N Wireless | BT 2.1 | OSX 10.6.4 | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | Bios A04 | 1010 Touchpad | Magic Mouse
  (#7) Old
Default 02-25-2010, 10:54 PM

I still can't get the router at home to work. I have tried changing some settings but nothing will get them to connect. It is not an N router anyway.

Are there any router settings that could be causing problems? I have never had anything that has not been able to connect to my router. Including my Wii, MacBook, Phone and DS. No issues with anything except this 1510.

Will have a go at rebranding the wireless card today.

« Crucial RealSSD 256GB in a Mini 10v | Disable the trackpad while typing »