Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old
Default 02-21-2010, 02:30 PM

The system, idling on a smooth surface after boot, idles at 43C according to iStat (system spent 30 minutes idling with wifi on). Playing 720p flash youtube video fullscreen with flash 10.1 beta 2 the system sits at 66C (30min playing video). The system then cools back to an idle temp of 46C and seems to stay in there.

I doubt these numbers are off much from what other users are experiencing. It does seem that the heat on the lower part of the case seems to be a bit more evenly distributed and certainly isn't offensive to the touch (placebo effect...?). In retrospect I should have collected data before modding...oh well.

In any case...I would much rather find a creative way to better draw heat away from the top of the motherboard as this is in fact the "trouble" area...
  (#12) Old
Default 02-22-2010, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by mikespug View Post
draw heat away from the top of the motherboard as this is in fact the "trouble" area...
from the top? extra vents maybe? i think thats too risky.

« is anyone in los angeles that can hackintosh my 10v | BT problem :( »