Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Chrome OS on 10V - no go? - 02-04-2010, 03:32 AM

I've looked around a bit and can't seem to find anyone else having this problem.

I downloaded the new Chromium OS from the Dell site, fired up PuppyLinux on another laptop, performed the dd command, but the USB stick won't boot.

It doesn't seem to show as a bootable device. There's an entry in the F12 menu for a "removable device" but not USB.

Since I have OS X installed, is it possible that it's interfering with Chrome?

I have a new 8GB stick I bought specifically to try Chrome and I'd like to get it to work.

Any ideas?
  (#2) Old
Default 02-04-2010, 06:22 AM

I think I read a discussion here of installing Chrome around Xmas, before or after. So keep looking.

If you already have OS X installed you may have to look at one of the dual boot guides.

Netbook: Mini 10v, BIOS A05, OS X 10.6.4, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, BT
  (#3) Old
Default 02-04-2010, 09:45 AM

Make sure you turn usb legacy support back on in the bios

Mini 10v, OS X 10.6.2/Windows 7 Ultimate, 2GB Kingston PC-6400, Stock 160GB, Bios A05, and awesome!

« AC cable connector hosed during RAM upgrade | cannot downgrade (upgrade) from windows 7 starter to windows xp »