Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Handy caps lock application - 01-30-2010, 11:30 AM

10v users will probably find this app really usefull, alerts you when caps lock is activated. I accidentally knock it from time to time and it really slows me down with passwords etc.

CapSee 1.0

About CapSee
A small utility that let’s you see when you bump the caps lock key. Identical to the built-in Mac OS notification bezels, like volume and screen brightness, CapSee presents a bezel whenever you enable caps lock… preventing the accidental caps lock forever!

- Stays out of the way until you accidentally (or intentionally) press the Caps Lock key
- Mimics the built in Apple bezel notifications
- Universal binary works on both Intel and PPC Macs

grab it at - Apple - Downloads - System/Disk Utilities - CapSee
  (#2) Old
Default 01-30-2010, 04:04 PM

Useful, thanks!
  (#3) Old
Default 01-30-2010, 05:03 PM

You can also go to System Preferences / Keyboard, and disable the CapsLock key entirely, or assign it to act like one of the modifier keys.
  (#4) Old
Expert Member
Default 01-31-2010, 03:52 AM

If you just want to know if you've got CAPS on there is also Caps Warn. It'll flash the screen or play a sound and will also show any other modifiers if you want. I've been using it for ages on my 10v.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral

caps lock, caps lock indicator

« Mini 10v Battery | Getting rid of DUAL BOOT OSX/WIN7 and installing ONLY WIN7 »