Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default WWAN on a 10v? - 01-19-2010, 02:48 PM

Bought some 10v's but could have sworn that I saw one on another website, possibly ebay with WWAN. It was described as a competition prize.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a 10v with WWAN for use in the UK?

(#2) Old
Super Moderator
Default 01-25-2010, 08:53 PM

I have moved your post to the 10v Discussion Area, as a WWAN card is not really an external device!

These are not generally listed as a purchase option in the UK, although there was a period last summer when Dell were offering a free WWAN card, together with a 60 day trial subscription to Vodafone Mobile Broadband which, needless to say, proved VERY popular!

The standard models don't even include the necessary 'socket' for this card so it is not the easiest of jobs to add one in later, although I believe it has been done.

Hopefully Dell will repeat the offer again at some future date, or even offer a WWAN card as a purchase option, but so far as I am aware, they are not doing so at the moment.

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN

« Does your 10v get crazy hot on the VGA port? | Mic stopped working »