Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Smile Improve the webcam? - 01-18-2010, 04:19 PM

hi guys, first of all hello to every1, i came to noe about this forums after seeing several videos posted by peeps of this forum...

just wanna check out if there is any software that can optimize the built in webcam?? i have been using the skype video setting option and video quality seems poor no matter how much i adjust it... any software??? by dell or 3rd parties?? thanks
  (#2) Old
Default 01-18-2010, 05:52 PM

It is a very low resolution camera, which may be the limiting factor.

Netbook: Mini 10v, BIOS A05, OS X 10.6.4, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, BT
  (#3) Old
Default 01-18-2010, 10:11 PM

It's not the highest quality cam, but if you are running OSX, then ECamm's iGlasses may be of use: Ecamm Network: iGlasses for iChat - Adjust your iSight brightness, picture quality, brighten, focus, flip and rotate - it allows you to play with the brightness, colour settings, and use a digital zoom. It won't make a huge difference but it is better than the defaults.
  (#4) Old
Default 01-19-2010, 02:11 AM

buy a standalone HD webcam

Dell Mini 10 Black Intel Atom Z530 CPU 1GB memory 160GB HDD WSVGA Windows XP Home Edition SP3
  (#5) Old
Default 01-19-2010, 05:11 AM

i saw some1 posted a dell webcam manager a few days back but dun seems to be able to find that thread...

anyway, just to check, what pre-installed dell software you guys have in ur dell?? i recieved my dell mini 10v without any dell ulitities inside... and i do not have an external disk drive to install those ulitities they gave me

« HDTV Turner Card - is it worth a woot on a 10v? | Voice Recognition/Dictation »