Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Issues with mini 10v - 01-05-2010, 06:59 PM

I got my 10v today, and am having problems with the wireless connection.

When I got it, the networking was fine, and I could browse the internet as normal.

I then started getting IP conflict messages, and played with the settings of the network connections to get rid of these. Now the error messages have gone, and I can't access the internet at all.

The netbook can get onto my network though via the wireless card, but can't access the internet. on the LAN section, it says a network cable is unplugged, but I think it was like that before.

I have tried to do a system restore and PC restore, but neither have worked - system restore was turned off and my 10v just makes a beeping noise when I try to enter PC restore

Is there any way to restore factory network settings, go back to the default settings, or fix the problems that I've caused?

(#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 01-05-2010, 08:05 PM

what type of router is it?...if it is a linksys then

are you using static ip addresses with your router?

if you are getting a conflicting error the it seems that someone else on your network has the ip address of what the mini is trying to use. if you cant get on the internet now it probably is because the router gave you an address which has been disabled on the router under internet,access restrictions, to see what your mini is assigned, go into dos and do a "ipconfig /all" and that will show you the address that the mini is currently assigned...that address must be enabled on the router...

PS: Welcome to the forum

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#3) Old
Default 01-06-2010, 06:07 PM

Thanks for the help. I got the problem sorted by deleting all the internet settings, and starting again. Now for the OSX install

« New to 10V and need some answers. | moblin 2.1 and windows xp »