Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Best tool to clone/backup your multi-OS partition - 12-27-2009, 11:48 PM

Just finished my search for the best tool/software (free) to backup or clone my triple-OS (W7+OSX+Ubuntu) 80gb INTEL SSD. I tried everything that was there: Acronis, Ghost, Clonezilla, ResqueCD, etc...
And finally found one that does the best graphical interpretation of "dd" command - EASEUS Disk Copy. It cloned my 80gb intel X25-M to regular SATA 120Gb by Seagate.
It was a breeze (took about 35 minutes) and unlike other tools it made a perfect and exact copy with all MBRs and partitions to a new drive. Now I am happy that my gigantic work on installing those OSs onto my 10v won't be wasted.
Disk Copy along with another utility ToDo Backup can be found on their website: EASEUS Disk Copy: Free Disk Copy, Disk Clone, Partition Copy Software. Sector by Sector for hard drive backup freeware.

Just wanted to share my multi-hour-search with all of you!

P.S. The only regret about this miracle netbook I have is inability to isntall HD screen with more than 1024x600 resolution.

« Simple Question | Panasonic videocam suite won't run!! »