Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Just got my mini 10v back from repair.. - 12-16-2009, 03:01 PM

I have just received my 10v back from dell, they replaced the LCD screen as I had several dead pixels, the new screen doesn't have any but I'm not sure whether it's the same as the old one.

I can really obviously see the tiny tiny squares that make up the screen, If one of these were to die, it would look like a perfect square, on my other screen the dead pixels were more like circles and they were a lot smaller.

At the moment I'm thinking it's either one of these situations

1. I've been using my other laptop for a couple of weeks until I got the mini back, I simply got used to that screen, my old mini was like this.

2. Dell have put a worse/different display in than the one I had before.

3. I need to tweak some settings to get a better picture.

4. I was watching family guy in bed last night when I noticed it, with the laptop pretty close to my eyes so I would obviously see pixels that close up.

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.0 but this didn't bother Dell as they said it was clearly a hardware fault, not something I could have done.

This could just be me being really stupid, but I swear the picture on my 10v was better than this before, on the standard desktop for SL I can notice the picture is not quite as sharp as it was before, same with pictures.

The screen resolution is 1024 x 600 in the SL settings.

Can anyone shed any light on this or are all mini's just like this?

Thanks in advance

« Stop moving MY post! osx86sv a06 update | Wireless upgrade - AppleTV wifi card »