Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Anyone's backspace key feel weird? - 12-15-2009, 11:54 PM

on my 10v, all of the keys work fine, but the backspace key feels a little weird.

all the keys feel new and they have a nice feel when you press them, but the backspace key feels a little soft, like it feels like it wants to pivot on the left side of the key. When I loosen the keyboard screw, it feels a little bit better, but I do not want the screw too loose that it will fall out at some random time and i'll lose it.

it was refurbished, so do you think the people at the factory tightened it too much?

edit: I took it off, and I see that on one side, the two plastic pieces pivot on each other good, but the other side does not want to pivot, therefore making the key feel like it only presses down on the left side of the key.

super-edit: There was a little blue plastic thing under the key and pieces of plastic which hold the key in place, and all i had to do was cut off a little piece of that, now the key works fine. if anyone else has this problem, i hope i can fix it for you.
  (#2) Old
Default 04-01-2010, 05:03 PM

I just got my 10v back from Dell and I'm having the same issue with the backspace key feeling weird, kind of stiff. Can you clarify how to fix this? Do I just pry off the backspace key, then look for extra plastic underneath? Any help or tips would be great

« Bluetooth not working 10v ubuntu 9.10 | Some MATLAB benchmarks for the 10v »