Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default mini 10v restore... built-in ! - 12-14-2009, 02:33 PM

I was kind of surprised to find that there were "Restore" CD's and a DVD in the package. Since, there is no drive in this machine (other than the HD of course). I would think Dell would have at *least* partitioned the HD.
Dell did do just that. If you glance at page 43/44 of your 'Inspiron Setup Guide' manual under Using Dell PC Restore you will notice that hitting <cntrl><f11> during boot up (when the blue bar appears and the Dell Logo) _should_ get you to the Restore menu.

My mini 10v was indeed equipped with a partition that held that info. It's 9.76gb big, formatted in Fat32 and is called DELLRESTORE.

It may not be a cool thumbdrive, but it's there so you don't have to worry about trying to dig up an optical drive to reinstall windows.

Sometimes thumbing through the manual can get you interesting results...

Black Mini 10v | Win 7 - Ubuntu 9.10 dual boot
  (#2) Old
Default 12-14-2009, 08:50 PM

hmmmmm interesting..... and I would bet that you could put this on a flash drive .... good find!

Check out my guide for installing SL 10.6.2 on your brand new Dell Mini 10v!

« Having problems aquiring an IP address | Anyone try the Chrome OS listed on the homepage? »