Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Problem with Switch Res X and Black Screen - 12-14-2009, 01:53 AM

Hi guys,

Installed OSX Snow Leopard on Thursday evening and my little 10v was running flawlessly until I decided to run Switchres X to fake a resolution increase so I could get Adobe Illustrator on the machine.

After installing and setting it to 1024 x 768, my 10v now consistently boots into a black screen. I can hear it if I hit the volume keys, but cannot see anything. I've tried to load into safe more, which I'm not even sure I'm doing right since it too seems to load into a black screen.

Was going to attempt to load into the install with my USB drive, but it appears that has corrupted and it's the only one large enough for me to use. Since the stores are closed and I'm not going ot be able to try that method until tomorrow evening. I was hoping one of you here may of had a similar issue or some tips on how I can get my display back - this is extremely frustrating and I definitely do not have anything positive to say about Switchres X - at the very least give me a keyboard command to revert to the original factory settings!

Thanks for any help guys, this is driving me nuts!

EDIT: Finally was able to get into safe mode to disable SwitchresX - definitely do not suggest using if for novice users like myself. Looks like I'm living without Adobe Illustrator for a while

« Need 6 Cell Battery - which to get? | Physically switch windows key and alt key... »