Originally Posted by Warnerweilin
I just recently bought myself a mini 10v and I have a few questions about the Hardware on the Mini 10v:
1. Does the brand of the Hard drive matter when I'm replacing it?
2. Does the brand of the Memory matter when I'm replacing it?
3. Is there even a fan on the Mini 10v? Will the computer overheat if you replace the hardware and run really intensive programs?
Thanks so much.
1. no the brand really doesnt matter, but it must be a 2.5inch SATA drive, whether or not its an HDD or a SSD
..is up to you..I prefer the HDD, I replaced mine with a 500gb..(HDD is Hard Disk Drive, SSD
is Solid State Drive ie. no moving parts)
2. do a search on the forum there are some recommendations..533mhz or faster..machine will accept faster but not utilize it..and a 2gb max
3. the Mini 10 nor the Mini 10v have fans..I purchased a netbook cooling pad for mine. and yes they do tend to run very warm...some even say hot, depending on the hard drive and actitvity, a 7200rpm drive will generate more heat than a 5400rpm drive..of course this doesnt apply to SSD
Good Luck with your purchase..and Welcome to the Forum..feel free to ask questions