Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default A couple of small issues with hackintosh - 11-25-2009, 09:45 PM

Hey guys, I'm really loving my little hackintosh so far, but I've got a few issues. First one is if I right click an application in the dock to try and quit it or whatever, this happens.
This is what i see when i hold down the right mouse button, as soon as i let go it disappears, obviously it shoudln't disappear and should be over the application, what's going on here?
Second problem is a sticky 's' key on the keyboard, really annoying. An s won't type every time you press the key, it seems to be completely at random if it types or not. Now I'm aware I've voided my warranty by installing OSX on the machine, but what are the options? Do you think dell would repair it, or could I replace the keyboard?
Thanks guys
  (#2) Old
Default 11-25-2009, 11:29 PM

It doesn't hurt at all to call up Dell support and get the keyboard/fixed repaired. You might want to shoot some compressed air in there and see if there is a crumb or two..or cheetos stuck up there. :P

Mini 10v
  (#3) Old
Default 11-28-2009, 01:32 PM

yeah I think I'll send it back to Dell after my Xmas holidays, I really need it during the holidays as I'm travelling and need to do uni work. Are you sure dell won't be funny about me having OSX installed on it?

Anyone got any ideas on the right click issue?
  (#4) Old
Default 11-30-2009, 06:29 PM just replace the keyboard, might be the best way

Mini 10v | N270 | OSX 10.6.2 | NBI 0.8.3 | 2GB RAM | 160GB | BIOS A05|
Mini 10v | N280 | OSX 10.6.2 | NBI 0.8.3 | 1GB RAM | 160GB | BIOS A05|
Dell Mini 10v OSX FAQ

(#5) Old
Retired Mini user
Default 11-30-2009, 08:03 PM

I had a sticky Q key that was injecting key presses at random.

After talking to Dell support they sent me a replacement keyboard. Did not have to send my Mini in.

Getting an iPad

« Will Snow Leopard fit on the 8gb SSD? | RAM Upgrade more expensive than Mini 9s? »